I’ve been away for awhile and out of touch with the blogosphere due to an interruption from Real Life. While I was gone I was nominated for a Liebster Award by four —- count ’em —- FOUR Fabulous Bloggers! I am so humbly honored, thanks to all four of you!
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers in order to promote their blog and bring together a community of bloggers. The word Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. I especially like that “welcome” part as we send this award around the blogosphere to newcomers. Blogging is about building a community and this is a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about their blogs.
The rules of the award are as follows:
The nominated blogger must provide a link back to the person(s) who nominated them and also complete the following requirements:
- Provide 11 facts about themselves
- Answer 11 questions from the person(s) who nominated you
- Choose 11 other bloggers to nominate and ask them 11 questions
- Inform the new nominees they’ve won and send link!
ELEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I love to read! Eventually I will be adding a “what I’m reading now” page to my blog.
- I hate scary movies. If I accidentally end up watching one I put my splayed fingers up in front of my face and peer through the gaps.
- My BMI indicates that I am about a foot too short.
- My favorite online gaming platform is WOW where I am a shaman, a mage, a druid, a healer and a hunter.
- One day I will own a lovely little cottage on a lake and spend the entire summer there every year.
- I hate housework and I’m a lousy cook. Somehow my family survived.
- I speak both Pig Latin and Parseltongue. Depending on your age you should recognize one of them.
- Favorite foods include Pizza, Spaghetti, and Lasagna.
- I might have been an Italian Princess in a former life….
- Currently trying a Paleo (and thus also gluten-free) lifestyle. Very Sad (see number 8 above.)
- I saw a ghost once. Really.
And now for the questions from my Fab Four. Because there are so many of them I will be answering two to three questions from each nominator rather than boring you with my 44 amazing answers…….And because I am inherently lazy I will be providing answers only rather than typing out each question. I leave it to your imagination, dear reader, to figure out what the questions were.
- My least favorite subject in school was Math – any kind of math. Because the Right hemisphere of my brain always overpowers the Left and Math is definitely buried deep within the obtuse left side.
- A hobby I really enjoy is photography. I’m saving my pocket change for a Canon EOS Rebel. It’s going to take a lot of change!
- My best birthday memory is a surprise birthday party when I was 10.
- Something which I’ve always owned and still have is a stuffed dog. I suppose he was my version of a “blankie.” All of his stuffing was long ago flattened away with hugs and he’s turned yellow with age. He lives in a box on my closet shelf and I would never dream of getting rid of him.
- My favorite flowers are Hydrangeas because they remind me of my Grandmother.
- I was named after my mother’s sister. My name means “nobly born.”
- My favorite television show – Scandal.
- My most prized piece of knowledge: “However good or bad a situation is now, it will change.”
- If a woodchuck could, and would, chuck wood, a woodchuck could chuck a good chunk of wood, should and could a woodchuck go chuck wood – that’s how much wood a woodchuck would chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood.
- Least liked housework chore is Floors. Vacuuming, sweeping, scrubbing…..you name it, I hate it!
- Favorite travel destination – London. I’ve been twice so far and would love to go back and live there for a few months.
The Eleven Blogs I Am Nominating for a Liebster Award:
Eleven questions from me to my nominees:
- How long have you been blogging?
- If you could be a Disney character who would you be and why?
- You are moving to a new house in a new town and can only take five things with you – what do you choose? (People and pets and the necessities of life like food and clothes don’t count.)
- Title of the last book you read? Title of the first book you read by yourself?
- Favorite television show when you were a child?
- Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
- What Inspires you?
- Do you have pets? Why or why not?
- Name three people, one living, one dead and one fictional, whom you would like to invite to a dinner party.
- Of all the days in your life you get to live one over again. Which one do you pick and what happened on that day?
- The world would be a better place if____________________________.